Photo: Adeline Mai
1. First things first, you need the most legit of legit coats.
2. Aren’t you dreaming of these in your pockets today just looking at ’em?
3. For days like today, when literally, you just can’t
4. These Point Sur jeans at J.Crew have it all, the perfect cut, the perfect cuff, and, um…cashmere.
5. Because if you don’t layer, you will regret it.
6. The classic boot whether you’re traipsing through NYC or through snowy streets in Park City.
7. You’re gonna want to stock up on socks like these because nothing sucks like rummaging around for them in the morning while your body temperature drops rapidly.
8. Looks like a classic Chelsea; really has shearling inside.
9. For the days, you want or need to brave it in a dress/skirt…If you’re gonna wear tights, get them with fleece lining.
10. The coat of every girl’s dreams. Or mine. But I think everyone’s. Oh man, I think leaving the house in the morning (current temperatures and all) would be a totally different ballgame in this baby.
11. A hat is an opportunity. Go big or go home. The fluffier, the furrier, the better. And it’s still a practical item.
12. In case you’re not willing to sacrifice the use of your fingers, these Acne gloves just have every detail on point, down to the circle zipper pull.
13. OK–one more hat. Because a fur pom pom is irresistible and fleece lining is just cozy.
14. Corduroys are a nice change of pace every now and then. Corduroys with extra-special-warming Uniqlo heattech technology are a no-brainer.
15. Turtlenecks are in and this one’s simple rib-stitch with a longer side hem is perfect for well, everyday wear.
16. Anything slim with a flare makes me think of Rachel Zoe. Ba-na-nas. Which these would be with a great wedge boot.
17. Some days, one jacket isn’t enough. Here’s one for under your other one. It’s cold like that.
18. Sweatpants + cashmere= a match made in heaven.
19. They say you should picture three ways you could style a piece before wearing it. With this sweater, I could imagine literally hundreds.
20. This snow leopard-esque pattern is chic and sure to go with more than one outerwear option.
21. All the coziness of a flannel, but on your legs!
22. Even the dreariest days need a dash of color and, obviously, fur.
23. A scarf/shawl hybrid in the prettiest of colors. The kind of piece that instantly elevates any look.
24. For days when the cold isn’t stopping you from looking elegant.
25. …And for days when you so don’t want to get out of bed that the only solution is to bring a ‘blanket’ to work.
26. The essence of smart dressing on a cold day is layers. We are not messing around when it comes to our undergarments and we mean this in the least sexy way possible.
27. Literally you cannot have enough sweaters. This time of year, this is what I wear. Every. Single. Day. Jeans + Sweater + Boots. End of outfit. This sweater might mean not even changing tops day-to-day.
28. And this goes under the above.
29. The cold can also trigger an urge to turn to the classics.
30. This burgundy color always feel appropriate for a blustery day, and the thermal texturing gives off even more winter vibes.
Additional market research contributed by Clay Sacco