Photo: Matteo Prandoni/BFAnyc.com
Okay GIRLS fans, we’re getting really close now. The cast and crew raised a glass to season four last night, which premieres this Sunday evening. The annual event is bigger and more glamorous than most movie premieres, largely in part to Lena Dunham’s adoring cult-following of actresses, feminists, writers, and designers alike. Let’s discuss everything we need to know — the event itself, the upcoming season, everyone’s favorite Iowa Writer’s Workshop bound hot mess, Hannah Horvath, and her ultra-composed, and much better dressed counterpart, Dunham herself.
1. Dunham walked the red carpet having returned to one of our fave hairstyles in her repertoire: the sleek brunette bob.
2. She wore a custom Creatures of the Wind Japanese crepe and sequin embroidered gown at the Season Four soiree last night.
3. Dunham avoided question-raising jewelry after a news item that she and long-time boyfriend Jack Antonoff were engaged. Still adorable, not engaged.
4. Best of all, the celebrations continue today–because the show has been officially picked up for a fifth season–and four hasn’t even premiered yet!
The after-party took place in a gorgeously-decorated, Pinterest-dream version of the whale room at the American Museum of Natural History.
8. Gaby Hoffmann and GIRLS Producer/Dunham’s Partner-in-Crime Jenni Konner, both killed it in jumpsuits.
Anticipating Season Four
Guest stars this season will be high in both number and cool-factor.
Expect to see: