It’s Cyber Monday, y’all! This is when your return to work after a long holiday doesn’t really feel like work because all you’re really doing is shopping online and Tweeting throughout the process. If you’re worried about your boss catching you (although I’m sure they’re doing the exact same thing in their office), here’s a handy fake spreadsheet to open on the fly. And if you’re not sure what sales are actually worth it, read on for a list of six sites to score big on, and two with some seriously zany deals.
1. For the first time ever, blogger-favorite Brandy Melville is hooking up 30% off everything in their e-shop. The blogosphere is going crazy for this one, which is why the site has been crashing all morning. Keep refreshing the page and you’ll eventually get in. Once you’ve made it, don’t spend your time debating on items too long because there’s also a shopping cart waiting list that you’ll have to deal with.
2. Another cult-favorite e-tailer, Nasty Gal is serving 25% off the entire site, including markdowns. They’ve also got some pretty cute swag in their gift guide.
3. Up to 50% off select items (and there are tons) on Net-a-Porter. This is a no-brainer.
4. Want to be the most clever gifter ever this holiday season? The Fancy is offering 20% off their entire site today, which includes tons of unique gift items (keyboard contact lens case, anyone?). Just enter promo code CBRMON at checkout.
6. In honor of BeachMint’s super successful Black Friday sale, JewelMint, ShoeMint, StyleMint and IntiMint are hosting a live interactive shopping event today at 10am PST. Hosted by WhoWhatWear’s Katherine Power and Hillary Kerr, CyberMint will feature exclusive deals, new product releases and celebs appearances by the likes of Rachel Bilson and Brooke Burke.
1. Speaking of cyber, streetwear e-tailer Karmaloop is taking the holiday one step further and has hired a dozen actual "cam girls" to sell their swag. According to SacBee, the "Karmaloop CyberKam girls will chat live for 24 hours titillating customers, offering exclusive deals, on the spot contests, performing live karaoke and other crazy surprises!" This one is obviously NSFW.
2. Not nearly as controversial but just as curious, Gilt City hosted a sale this morning that offered wealthy geeks to book a private, roundtrip flight for 136 people from San Francisco to the 2013 CES trade show in Las Vegas. Virgin America’s "Nerd Bird" went for a whopping $49,000 and is now sold out.