For that desirable combination of unbeatable luxury and city access, you can’t top the penthouse. What better way to enjoy panoramic skyline views, concierge service, and lush interiors fit for a mansion? From the retro chic to the ultra modern, from bustling metropolises to the serene tropics, we’ve compiled a list of some of the sexiest penthouses in the world.
1. Presidential Suite, Intercontinental, Hong Kong: One of Asia’s most spectacular penthouses, this 7,000-square-foot dream space boasts five luxurious bedrooms, a 2,500-square-foot terrace with an infinity swimming pool overlooking Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong, and all-glass walls that enable you to enjoy the skyline no matter where you’re sitting. For the detail-oriented, the bathroom sinks were carved from single slabs of Fujian marble and the television cabinet is solid mother-of-pearl. Sure, it’s $11,215 per night. But it could be money well spent for one hell of a swank party.
2. Skylofts, MGM Grand, Las Vegas: The 6,040-square-foot Skylofts in MGM Grand, designed by world-renowned architect and designer Tony Chi, are bringing some much-deserved attention to this classic Vegas hotel. For $10,000 a night, you can bask in the sleek, ultra-modern bachelor pad, and enjoy an unbeatable view of the Vegas skyline. Before you retreat to one of the three decked-out bedrooms, check out the Infinity Edge spa tub with “champagne bubbles” technology and the capacious “immersion chamber” steam shower.
3. Royal Suite, The Carlyle, New York City: This classic, elegant duplex, designed by Alexandra Champalimaud, captures the essence of New York style for about $6,000 a night. The original hardwood floors, luxurious fabrics, inspiring artwork, and Steinway piano will place you at the pinnacle of city sophistication. Don’t forget to admire the city that never sleeps with an inimitable view of Central Park and that famously picturesque NYC skyline.
4. Apogee Penthouse, Miami: As its name suggests, Apogee is the self-proclaimed top dog of Miami penthouses. The 6,583-square-foot space lets you to enjoy all the splendor of the Miami sunshine with over 11,000 square feet of outdoor living space. If you are even a little deterred by the $22 million price tag, check out the private pool on the roof, with its 360-degree view of South Beach.
5. Perivolas Suite, Perivolas, Santorini, Greece: You’ve probably never seen anything like this before. The 1,500-square-foot Grecian grotto is nestled cozily in the cliffs of Santorini. Featuring sleek white-washed walls and arched interiors, this cavernous hideaway exudes Mediterranean elegance. Don’t be fooled by the idyllic decor, though. This $1,586-a-night pad is stocked with fine amenities: the steam room, hydrotherapy massage tub, and indoor-outdoor swimming pool should be more than enough to keep you busy.
6. One Hyde Park Penthouse, London: This penthouse has yet to be completed, but it’s already one of the sexiest in the world. In fact, at 100 million pounds, the One Hyde Park penthouse, slated for completion later this year, is the most expensive in the world. The coveted property will boast bullet-proof windows, purified air systems and…panic rooms? Here’s to hoping you don’t need to spend much time in those on your honeymoon. Instead, be sure to stop by the communal spas, squash courts and private wine-tasting facilities. And just who can afford this record-breaking price tag? Why, the A-list stars, oil barons, Saudi princes, and Russian oligarchs who have already claimed their own One Hyde Park flats, of course.
7. Hugh Hefner Sky Villa, The Palms, Las Vegas: Anything with Hefner’s name on it is sexy (with the exception of…Hugh Hefner) and his one-of-a-kind penthouse fits the bill. What could be more Playboy than relaxing in an outdoor, cantilevered hot tub overlooking the Vegas strip? In addition to amenities like a media room, gym with sauna, and a spa-style treatment room, the Sky Villa features a glass elevator, a huge show tub, pop-up plasma TV, sunbathing areas, and, of course, a round, rotating bed. If ever there were a proper place to charm the pants off a damsel to the tune of $40,000 a night, Vegas is it.
8. Penthouse Suite, Cavalieri Hilton, Rome: If you’re tired of gazing at skyscrapers, check out this penthouse in Rome, where you can bask in the glory of St. Peter’s Basilica from the comfort of your own rooftop hot tub. Don’t forget to consummate the evening with a visit to the custom-stocked cigar humidor and wine cellar. And if security is of concern, take solace in the fact that this 7,000-square-foot luxury fortress features bulletproof glass and an elaborate fleet of surveillance cameras. For $8,998 a night, you can soak in all the beauty that old Rome has to offer—with nary a worry of a gladiator ambush.
9. The Gray, Milan: This unforgettable penthouse embodies all the lively eccentricities of a Milan fashion show. The lobby greets you with a pink velvet objet d’art (too bad they didn’t include one in the suite), the rooms are decked out in ostrich leather and crocodile, beds are suspended from the ceiling, and one of the staircases consists of cantilevered platforms rising up the wall. At 450 square feet, this penthouse may not be the largest of its kind, but you’d be hard-pressed to find an even remotely similar experience elsewhere. Oh, and at “only” $1,000 a night, it’s the most affordable penthouse on this list.
10. Luxuria Penthouse, Boca Raton, Florida: For $12.5 million, you can enjoy the Boca Raton coastline in style. Even before you enter the suite, the lobby showcases twin golden staircases and a floor-to-ceiling water wall. For the penthouse that already has everything you need, you’ll have access to a 24-hour valet service and on-site concierge. And, to keep you and your belongings safe, the penthouse boasts a state-of-the-art security system with thumb-print recognition and resident-only lobbies.
11. Endeavor Penthouse, Seabrook, Texas: The $3.6 million Endeavor Penthouse combines the comfort and security of indoor space with the charms of an outdoor setting. Make sure you check out the 500-square-foot balcony and the 1,200-square-foot rooftop terrace, where you can bask in the breeze while overlooking the still waters of Clear Lake. This majestic lake isn’t the only perk for water lovers: the space features features a hot tub, an infinity pool, and a resistance pool for fitness enthusiasts.
12. Penthouse Suite, Raleigh Hotel, Miami Beach: This classic penthouse personifies the suave sophistication of 1940s noir. Built in 1940 and overhauled in 2002, the Penthouse Suite at the Raleigh features an attractive combination of modern and retro tastes: low-slung sofas and floor-to-ceiling windows complement the nostalgia of the wood-paneled bar downstairs. Though it’s easy to get lost in the charm of the interiors, 2,000 square feet of this 6,000-square-foot beauty are devoted to the terrace, where a pool overlooks Miami Beach. The price tag, however, is anything but retro: $5K a night.
13. 2999 Kalakaua ave Penthouse, Honolulu, Hawaii: At $5.2 million, you can luxuriously soak in all the natural splendor—crystal-clear waters, verdant vegetation, blue skies—that Hawaii has to offer. This penthouse is renowned for its panoramic views of the surrounding tropical paradise. Newly renovated, the 3,445-square-foot space overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Diamond Head State Monument. A uniquely Hawaiian spectacle.
14.Central Park West Penthouse, New York City: We all know that living in New York is not cheap, but in this case, you may just get what your $47.5 million pays for. This lavish penthouse features 14-foot ceilings and over 5,200 square feet of space, not to mention a stellar view of Central Park. And what’s a lofty price tag without some sort of bonus? In addition to the penthouse, you’ll get a 1,222-square-foot ground-floor suite with private street access.