With a frothy strawberry margarita in one hand, a bacon-Vermont cheddar cheeseburger in the other, and your eyes fixated on the crystalline-lit Brooklyn Bridge and East River, one thing is clear: Watermark Bar is now open, and summer may commence. OK, so we haven’t yet made it to the June 21st-summer solstice, but we can sure act like we have.
Watermark’s opening on Pier 15 at South Street Seaport triggers the beginning of several different sensory experiences:
- One glance across the 3,500-square-feet of waterfront cherry-red bar stools and boats sailing across the river – and it hits you that oh my gosh you actually live in this city.
- The seamless transition from Magic Hat beer to a creamy chocolate, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream cone thanks to the neighboring Cones Café.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows separating the indoor/outdoor options allow for maximum suntanning and cover from those sunny summer rains.
- Debating moving to Brooklyn after drinking four-too-many watermelon cocktails while gazing at the Brooklyn Bridge and majestic Dumbo… but then realizing you don’t like kale.
- Spicy Buffalo chicken fingers.
Follow Bonnie on Twitter here.