● With just ten days left of her probation period, Lindsay Lohan has put herself under house arrest to avoid any further trouble. Better late than never. [NYDN]
● The Pretty Reckless front woman Taylor Momsen says she’s "done done done" with acting. "It’s good to finally be able to focus on music and not have to work on 10 jobs at once," she said, putting Little J to rest once and for all. [StarPulse]
● If Jay gets his way with Live Nation, Beyoncé’s come back will be big time and — more importantly! — as soon as this year. Hope somebody’s put in a call with the babysitter. [Page Six]
● Lil Wayne has been asked to mow the now unruly lawn in front of his Kenner, Louisiana mansion. [CBS]
● The original cast of Teen Mom are no longer teens and thus this upcoming fourth season will be their last. Moms they’ll be forever, though. MTV says they are "thankful to these brave young women for sharing their stories and helping to make a positive impact on teen pregnancy prevention." [USAToday]
● George Clooney’s gal Stacy Keibler is in talks to join The X Factor‘s judges panel, where sources say she will shine because she "looks fantastic and has bags of charisma." [Page Six]
● There could be no better elixir for your SXSW hangover than this free Titus Andronicus "odds and sods" mixtape. [CoS]
● Abercrombie & Fitch is offering to pay Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino to not wear their merchandise. “We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans,” said the company of their proposed “Win-Win Situation.” [Speakeasy/WSJ] ● Television shrink Dr. Phil has won the sure-to-be-teary first interview with Casey Anthony’s parents. [Washington Post] ● Taylor Momsen has officially quit acting in order to make more time for her music, which is “pretty much all [she wants] to do” anyways. [Elle]
● Kim Kardashian’s bridesmaids will wear green, a color that’s calming, easy on the eyes. and symbolizes nature and . Also: jealousy. [People] ● Gerard Depardieu, one of France’s most celebrated actors, dropped trousers and urinated in front of an airplane full of passengers when the cabin crew refused to let him use the bathroom before takeoff. “Je veux pisser, je veux pisser,” he had warned. [NYP] ● 11-year-old “mayor for a day” Caroline Gonzalez made sure her first order of business was an important one: Renaming part of Forney, Texas’ Main St. after the important historical figure Justin Bieber. [E!] ● Drew Carey was forced — forced! — to cancel yesterday’s taping of The Price Is Right after he broke his collarbone during a morning run. He’s got the x-rays to prove it. [TMZ]
● Selena Gomez checked into a hospital complaining of “nausea and a severe headache” after her appearance on The Tonight Show. Jay Leno gives us migraines, too. #getwellsoonselena [DailyMail] ● Last night was a big one for live-tweet aficionados: there were a lot of theater jokes, a lot of basketball jokes, and a lot of jokes about all the bad jokes. The Book of Mormon won nine Tonys, and on the court, the Mavericks beat Lebron James and the Miami Heat, taking home their first championship trophy (and some cool wide-brims). [NYT/NYT] ● Demi Lovato’s worst-life-ever continues, with her mom now in rehab and her boyfriend, Wilmer Valderrama, now her ex. Sometimes things don’t get better… [Page Six]
● Lilly Allen walked down the aisle with her pregnant belly on full display last weekend for her wedding to Sam Cooper, where she announcing that she is, once again, pregnant. [DailyMail] ● Spencer Pratt is trying to dump his “midnight metallic-blue” monster truck on eBay, and not because he and Heidi need the money. No, just because it “gets too much attention driving a monster truck around L.A.,” and really, who would want all that attention? [TMZ] ● Taylor Momsen might like that attention! Here she is flashing a festival audience in England. She just can’t get enough. [ONTD]
Last fall, after flipping off most of the Upper East Side, Gossip Girl’s Taylor Momsen toured the country in support of Light Me Up, her surprisingly accomplished debut album with The Pretty Reckless. Well, yesterday it was confirmed that Momsen (and former costar Jessica Szohr) won’t be returning to the show that made her famous enough to have a music career in the first place. Now that she’s a full-time rock star, we wanted to find out how she likes life on the road. Let’s just say, Little J. wouldn’t last an hour.
1. I hate many things about touring, but the worst is the lack of showering. The guys I’m on the road with start to smell like moldy cheese a er a week.
2. I hate playing shows outside during the daytime. Rock music needs lights!
3. I hate when they forget the Red Bull on our catering rider. How else am I supposed to work on no sleep?
4. I hate when the bus driver stops abruptly and I fall out of my bunk. I still have a bruise from the last time.
5. I hate Porta-Pottys. Umm… no thanks. If the town dump smells better than the bathroom facilities, that’s a problem!
6. I hate fast food. (Although I will make an exception for Del Taco.)
7. I hate syncing period cycles with the other women on tour. It’s not necessarily bad for me, but I’m sure the guys don’t appreciate it.
8. I hate when my dog, Petal, can’t come on the road with me. Ever since the “incident” that took place in our guitar player’s shoes, she hasn’t really been embraced by the guys.
9. I hate going through customs, especially at 4am when we were sleeping!
10. I hate when my manager tries to make me wear pants.
Photo by Lauren Dukoff.
● The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are on their honeymoon right now, on an island somewhere surrounded by coconut groves. Where are you? [DailyMail] ● After 25 years of marriage, Arnold Schwarzennegger and Maria Shriver have separated. Shriver’s moving out of their Brentwood mansion while they “work on the future of [their] relationship”. [LA Times] ● Whitney Houston has voluntarily returned to rehab, purportedly as part of a “long-standing” recovery process. [AP/Yahoo]
● Probably much to her relief, Taylor Momsen has been released from her duties as Little J on Gossip Girl. She is now free to do whatever else it is that she does. Jessica Szohr is out after this season, too, although both are welcome back as guests. [TVLine] ● Vin Diesel “wouldn’t be surprised if there is some Oscar talk” around Fast Five because “sooner or later, people are gonna say, ‘Wait a minute, just because they are for the working class doesn’t mean they’re not great.'” Then he chuckled, “I don’t know, maybe I’m just biting off what some guy from Channel 7 thought.” [NYM] ● Alicia Silverstone named her newborn son Bear Blu Jarecki, a name that’s pretty cute for, like, a pet. [TooFab] ● Paul Thomas Anderson’s Scientology movie (once called The Master, but currently without a working name) has been picked up for distribution by the Weinstein Company, which means Harvey is probably not a secret Scientologist. [Deadline]
What luck! In a week that turned out to be all about the kill, we’re introducing our brand new Music Issue on newsstands now, featuring cover stars The Kills. Coincidence? We think so! Anyway, read all about the everlasting musical union between Mr. Hince and Ms. Mosshart — and the new album they made — here. Also in our May issue:
Before Mark Ruffalo hulks and smashes in next summer’s Avengers, he pauses for his directorial debut, Sympathy for Delicious; read a revealing interview with the actor about the rock drama and the darkness that inspired it. UK music sensation Anna Calvi has opened for Interpol, but she never met lead singer Paul Banks — until now. The Arctic Monkeys, rockstars before they turned twenty, evolve on their new album, Suck It and See. New York’s Gang Gang Dance explain where their trippy, tribal, genre-defying sound comes from. Our sometime fashion guru Gavin McInnes puts SXSW on blast. Avant-garde musical artist Planningtorock takes us on an impromptu tour of Berlin.
Plus Rose Byrne, Taylor Momsen, Chloe Sevigny, Death Cab for Cutie, Dolly Parton, Richard Ashcroft, Tinie Tempah, and more!
After a year of questionable tabloid headlines and papparazzi pics of scandalous outfits, Taylor Momsen should not be surprised at all to hear that she’s not the ideal face for a teen clothing brand, even if it is run by Madonna. The pet project of Madge and Lourdes, Material Girl, is a budget fashion line sold at Macy’s, with most items ranging from $12 to $40, and Momsen has served as the label’s spokesmodel since launching last summer, until now.
Momsen’s preferred style of goth-ghost-turned-prostitute doesn’t exactly jive with Material Girl’s look — tasteful and fun separates, appropriate for biology class or trips to the mall, with a touch of the “rock star” aesthetic Madonna favors. On the website, the brand’s call for submissions of the next Material Girl is still live, in spite of official statements claiming Kelly Osborne as the new face of the company. With Kelly’s recent transformation to clean up her image since her time as the loudmouth, obnoxious younger sister on The Osbornes, she’s a much more appropriate match for the clothing line. And unless Madonna and Lourdes aim to produce a line of clear stripper heels with money in the soles, Taylor Momsen will do well to steer clear of any fashion collaborations until she grows out of this haute-hooker phase.
Gossip girl-cum-trashtastic rocker Taylor Momsen has managed to book two large print campaigns this year: first Madonna’s Material Girl line for Macy’s and now John Galliano’s fragrance ads. This week her photos for Galliano’s Parlez-Moi d’Amour fragrance were released, complete with her signature raccoon-painted eyes and lingerie-inspired wardrobe. More Galliano x Momsen after the jump.
Time Magazine has added to the end of year best-of lists, with their Top 10 Fashion Statements of 2010. This is not a list of impeccable style, no, but instead individuals who gave us pause to ask the question: “What is she wearing!?” Ranking at number one is Lady Gaga and her now infamous meat dress—with shoes, hat, and purse to match.
Others on the list include M.I.A. in a burqa, Venus Williams’ lingerie-inspired tennis dress, and Taylor Momsen in a rhinestone “Slave” necklace and dog collar. View the entire list here.