Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake giggle into each others eyes. Photo: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
With news of Jessica Biel getting knocked up by Justin Timberlake, we couldn’t help but wonder if there is something brewing in the waters of Hollywood. First Blake Lively gracefully announces that she’s expecting, and now this! If Brad and Angie announced their pregnancy tomorrow we wouldn’t be shocked. In consideration of Tinsel Town’s baby boom we’ve put together a list of the babies we’re most excited to meet and why.
1. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake: When news was confirmed yesterday regarding the pregnancy of actress Jessica Biel with man of many talents Justin Timberlake, who couldn’t help but shed a little baby tear? Her breathtaking looks and his unquestionable talent will ensure this baby a record deal and maybe even a series during primetime. Give this baby Jessica’s lips, Justin’s vocals, and call it the second coming of Christ.Photo: Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com
2. Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego: If this baby pops out with a blue tint to it, don’t be alarmed, the mama is an Avatar after all. Actress Zoe Saldana is expecting with her husband Marco Perego. The pair will certainly make a baby worthy of the children’s Ralph Lauren catalogue. Photo: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
3. Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick: We honestly can’t remember the last time Kourtney Kardashian wasn’t pregnant. As history will show, she and longtime on-off again boyfriend/housemate/sperm donor Scott Disick make some adorable babies. Thee birth will likely have a two-part special on E! and we will be watching to see if this third child stacks up to Mason and Penelope. Photo: Carly Erickson/BFAnyc.com
4. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz: Forget Blue Ivy, this child is going to have some serious musical talents. This babe is on fire! Photo: Benjamin Lozovsky/BFAnyc.com
5. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: Making this list and not including Blake and Ryan is like asking Rihanna to not show her nipples. It just won’t work. Blake is shaping up to be one of the most glowing pregnant gals of all time. The day Blake posts photos of her newborn on Preserve is the day the site crashes.
Kanye West’s PR team must be high-fiving each other in the office this Monday morning. Not only has a slightly premature Yeezus leak days before West’s grandiosely-named, hard-edged sixth album drops gotten everyone talking about it even more than they already were (and the consensus seems to be pretty favorable, with West generating praise for taking some artistic and content risks), but he and Kim Kardashian welcomed their daughter over the weekend. That kind of publicity one-two punch is the stuff of which Hollywood dreams. And whether the timing was deliberate or not, Kanye and Kim are definitely having a very good week.
Jay-Z, on the other hand, chose today to announce an upcoming studio effort. Now, this doesn’t seem like great timing for him, in the middle of the Yeezus hype firestorm. If you were Jay-Z, wouldn’t you wait a week to make that announcement to when the attention has slightly dissipated from the new album and baby of the living rapper with whom you are most closely associated? Ah, well.
Also surfacing over the weekend at the Yeezus wall-projection viewing and listening parties was a brew promo video for the album, featuring West’s new pals, Kim Kardashian’s brother-in-law Scott Disick and longtime friend Jonathan Cheban. The short clip directly borrows from the notorious “Do you like Huey Lewis & The News?” scene from American Psycho, putting Disick in the role of Patrick Bateman and Cheban as Paul Allen, and with West inspiring the sinister monologue instead of Huey Lewis. Although much is the same, the ponderous “New Slaves” gives the clip a different sort of feeling than “It’s Hip to Be A Square” would have. Watch the American Psycho promos, from the various viewing-party projection screenings in L.A. and D.C., below.
● Keanu Reeves is so casual in the way he offers his subway seat to a woman, you might almost believe he’s a nice guy. [BuzzFeed]
● Brett Easton Ellis says that if they really must go through with that American Psycho remake, they’ll have to cast Kardashian clan member Scott Disick. Or maybe Miles Fisher. Otherwise the whole thing is a no go. [Vulture]
● Better safe than sorry, Rick Ross has traded out a duffle bag boy for a med kit carrier. [TMZ]
● Snake, meet tail: things got real weird last night when Occupy Wall Street protesters found themselves #moccupy-ing Law and Order: SVU‘s Occupy Wall Street set, staged with stunning accuracy just a few blocks north of the Zuccoti Park. [Mother Jones]
● There’s reason to believe that the new year might bring a new album from Jay-Z, a new album from Kanye, and a Watch the Throne sequel. "You know, we’re really in a great place creatively," Jay-Z told MTV, speaking for the two. "We really found our zone.” [NahRight]
● Author and object of internet obsession, Tao Lin, was caught standing close to musician and object of internet obsession, Lana Del Ray. [HRO]
● "Am I biting you?" Rihanna asks the nice lady fitting her for a grill. "I’m used to it," responds the nice lady being bitten by Rihanna. [TheHairpin]
● They’re all here now: Lindsay Lohan in Playboy, the full spread. (NSFW) [ONTD]
● Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant again! May all Kim’s readjusted fairy tale dreams of being a "good aunt" come true. [Us]
● Charlie Sheen is in Colombia, film crew in tow, "trying to get a feel for the terrain" for his secret remake of a "classic movie from the ’70s, set in South America" starring none other than Nic Cage. [TMZ]
● The fine folks at NPR are streaming The Roots’ thirteenth album, undun, if that’s something you are into. [NPR]
● FBI agents are all up in arms over Leonardo DiCaprio’s portrayal of J. Edgar Hoover as "an individual who had homosexual tendencies and was a tyrannical monster," all of which, they argue, "is simply not true.” [Washington Post]
● Lousiana’s Lil Boosie has been sentenced to eight years in prison, having plead guilty to trying to smuggle drugs into prison (twice!) while awaiting trail on murder charges. [Huff Post]
● Very different except in relative youth and glow, Taylor Swift, Lea Michele, Scarlett Johansson and Evan Rachel Wood are said to be up against each other for the "highly coveted" role of Eponine in Tom Hopper’s big screen version of Les Misérables. [Page Six]
● Conrad Murray’s trial kicked off to a grim start yesterday with a photo of Michael Jackson’s dead body stretched out on a hospital gurney, an eerie recording of Jackson mumbling, “I want them to say, ‘I’ve never seen nothing like this in my life,’ ‘he’s the greatest entertainer of all time,'” and tears all around. [LAT] ● Apparently Kourtney Kardashian’s beau, Scott Disick, doesn’t do so bad for himself in the down-under department (“It’s like an elephant’s trunk!”), and Kim thinks he needs some new underwear (“This is freaking me out!”). [xoJane] ● Apparently Spencer Pratt owes so much money that his agents don’t even bother answering his phone calls anymore. Did he buy too many crystals? Not enough crystals? [Huff Post]
● Gwyenth Paltrow rang in her 39th year with a nice birthday dinner double-date with her husband Chris Martin and their best friends Beyoncé and Jay-Z. [JustJared] ● Roman Polanski debuted his tell-all doc about his life under house-arrest at the Zurich Film Festival yesterday. In it, he apologizes to the young woman he sexually assaulted for making her “a double victim: my victim and a victim of the press.” [THR] ● The most tabloidy of tabloids are reporting that Jessica Simpson — who has been known to fluctuate weight — is pregnant because, lately, she’s been wearing more flowing tops than usual. [Celebuzz]