Photos from left: Kris Jenner photographed by Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com; Selma Blair photographed by Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com
In “well that’s pretty amazing” casting news, Ryan Murphy has brought in the incomparable Selma Blair to play Kris Kardashian Jenner in the forthcoming American Crime Story, which is of course about O.J. Simpson and is sure to include enough courtroom scenes to call for a home screening of Legally Blonde to freshen up on what Selma looks like giving her best side eye. I mean Selma Blair as Kris Jenner? Yes!
More casting news this way….
So in preparation, here’s a look at Selma Blair at her most Kardashian-esque (you didn’t think she was like that, but she is):
Selma Blair tries blonde, just as a Kardashian is wont to do — i.e. Kim’s platinum moment.
Photo: Leandro Justin/BFAnyc.com
Trying interesting and intricate hairstyles, a la Kourtney Kardashian
Photo: Neil Rasmus/BFAnyc.com
Pictured here with a child — possibly (just maybe!) exercising her inner Momager (“Smile for the camera, honey.” Right?!)
Photo: Owen Kolasinski/BFAnyc.com
As an idiot millennial twentysomething, I cannot legally blog for a week without mentioning that I love the hell out of some 1990s. Take for example these Archers of Loaf reissues—totally rad. I haven’t gotten around to the original versions of these albums, though, because I’m still working through the early stuff. Someday!
Speaking of ‘90s music, can you believe that the M83 song “Midnight City” samples Bill Clinton playing saxophone on the Arsenio Hall Show? MIND BLOWN.
I mainly love the ‘90s because I was ten years old back then. Not for the whole decade, but I’m pretty sure I was ten somewhere in there. With a mushroom cut. Also Bugle Boy sweatsuits. In a few different color patterns.
My parents didn’t let me watch a lot of TV, but I can tell you there were great shows on back then. Easily the best was Legends of the Hidden Temple, which was like if GUTS were about Indiana Jones instead of getting pelted with Nerf balls. (Oh yeah, Nerf!) My favorite episode of Hidden Temple was the one with the giant talking stone head. And, if you absolutely forced me to choose, my favorite episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? has to be the one with the campfire.
Hey, come back: I remember some other stuff about the ‘90s. Like how the police were caught on video beating up O. J. Simpson. The Yankees were unbelievably good the whole time. Nothing was cooler than yo-yos.
And we all knew that global warming was real.
● Katy Perry has unfollowed Russell Brand on Wwitter, but Russell Brand is, for now, still following Katy Perry. We can’t all be like Demi. [Us]
● Al Green thinks President Obama "nailed it" last night. [TMZ]
● PETA has asked J.P. Morgan to donate the use of O.J. Simpson’s Florida home for their "Meat is Murder" museum, where they hope to teach visitors that "non-violence begins on our plates." [Forbes]
● "I am pretty much obsessed with coffee," writes David Lynch on the Huffington Post today — his birthday! — of his seven-cup-a-day habit. "Coffee has always seemed to facilitate thinking and catching ideas. Not only that, but the flavor of coffee is beyond the beyond good." [Huff Post]
● Australian supermodel Jessica Gomes, the girl behind those famous "Maybach Music" drops, says she was paid for the gig in neither money nor Rick Ross visitation rights. "It’s not about the money for me," she says, "I was lucky enough at that time to do that … it’s very flattering that I got acknowledged by the hip-hop world." [XXL]
● If this make-up artist’s recreations are to be believed, Beavis and Butt-Head would be horrifying in real life. [BuzzFeed]
● According to Detroit rapper Danny Brown, 50 Cent doesn’t know "what the fuck Pitchfork" is. [Complex]
● Lil Wayne got hurt on his skateboard last night. Expect a few days of radio silence. [@LilTunechi/Twitter]
● 167,370,534 views later, Rebecca Black’s “Friday” video is gone from YouTube, apparently as a result of a copyright claim filed by Rebecca Black herself. You don’t always know what’s good ’til it’s gone… [TechCrunch] ● Retired talk show host Oprah Winfrey says she won’t rest easy until she gets what she wants from O.J. “I have a dream of O.J. Simpson confession to me,” she said. “I don’t just want an interview, I want the interview on the condition that you are ready, Mr. Simpson.” It would be a moment long in the making. [HR] ● Kelly Osbourne’s pomeranian Noodle had to be put down after an incurable brain defect was discovered. “I DON’T PLAY GOD,” she tweeted. “It was an unfortunate necessary!” RIP Noodles. [NYDN]
● Emma Roberts, Julia Robert’s niece and sometimes co-star, doesn’t believe in Hollywood nepotism. “A lot of people think that and they talk about nepotism which I think is so ridiculous considering it’s obviously not true, because I’ve auditioned for so many things and never gotten the part,” she told PopEater. Um, we’re still waiting for our audition. [PopEater] ● When it comes to cars, Rick Ross keeps it personal. His Benz is nicknamed “Justin Bieber, his Maybach “Oprah”, and his Bugatti coupe is known as “Katy Perry” — “She’s really sexy,” he says. Ruf! [RS] ● And lest you forget, Jack Black is very much in the house. [NYM]