It’s a pretty good day when 1. it’s Friday and 2. the following day marks the beginning of a new wave in the competitive NY sport that is brunching. Two very new and very delicious spots – The General & Sweet Chick – are launching their brunches, meaning that the following items will transform our weekend afternoons/hangovers/indigestion for the unforeseeable future.
- Peking duck hash and eggs
- Blueberry buttermilk pancakes
- King crab in a kabayaki hollandaise
- Signature pretzel bombs: pretzels filled with egg and cheese, and bacon or pastrami
- Signature cereal-topped donuts
Sweet Chick: Southern-American dishes include…
- Cheddar-laced shrimp and grits
- Signature golden chicken & waffles
- Bacon Bloody Marys
- Sticky buns lathered in cream cheese frosting
- Smoked pork hash and poached egg
Follow Bonnie on Twitter here.