Paris Fashion Week is upon us, along with the infamous parties. Following a full day of runway shows , you’ll find the models (and LiLo , of course) lifting their skirts at one of the clubs below. A word to the unbeautiful: you’ll have to be B-list or above to make it past the velvet rope this week.
● Le Baron (Champs-Elysées) – You’ll find a smorgasbord of sloppy celebrities inside this Golden Triangle club. Or at least you would if you had any hope of getting in. Short of blowing the doorman, however, it’s not going to happen during Fashion Week.
● Le Montana (Saint-Germain) – The painfully cool Montana is where you’ll find a bloated Freddy Beigbeder hitting on models half his age. Relatively new and absolutely of the moment, it’s owned by André (Le Baron) and a fashion photographer who likes to post the panty fest on his blog. ● Chez Moune (Pigalle) – The last Fashion Week (in March) left Chez Moune in disarray and with a growing reputation for debauchery. This historic Pigalle cabaret has been officially reincarnated as a late-night den for dirty dancing.
● Le Régine (Champs-Elysées) – Outside of Fashion Week, this event space is pretty much off the radar. In March and October, however, it plays host to some of the most over-the-top fashion parties.
● Maison Blanche (Champs-Elysées) – Starfuckers flock year-round to this Champs-Elysées perch for slick decor, sweeping views over the Seine, and jet-setty vibe. The main event during FW is a Saturday late-night bash with DJ Mel DeBarge.
● Murano (Marais) More chill than the other club contenders, the Murano’s polar lounge, with its chalet-meets-2001 decor, is the perfect place to wear your new Rick Owens .
● Chez Castel (Saint-Germain) – Sports stars, showbiz kids, fashion celebs and the odd politico love this lavish three-floor mansion. Plenty of private rooms and a basement dance floor.
● Le Costes Bar (Champs-Elysées) – The bar’s reputation may be waning, but during FW the pretty people will still be sleeping here, and they’re gonna need a last drink.
● Le Mathis (Champs-Elysées) – If you get past the discreet but difficult door of Le Mathis, you’ll find yourself in a small square bar, draped in red and looking every bit like an old brothel. It’ll be C-list during Fashion Week, but still…
● Experimental Cocktail Club (Sentier) – Emptied out of its regular collection of beautifuls (off to invite-only parties elsewhere), the ECC may actually be managable during Fashion Week. The modern-day speakeasy, with its short list of creative sips, is always a delight.