Photo: @balmainparis on Instagram
What is Balmain but a guaranteed spotting of Kanye + Kim + Kris + Kendall (on the runway) etc. Not content to be outdone by Olivier Rousteing’s A-list supermodel casting, Kim brought a surprise to her #frow seat: a new hairstyle so controversial, it captured Instagram’s attention just as much as (and if we’re being real, more than) the new Balmain collection. Since your breath is baited, here it is:
Kim steals the spotlight.
Now back to the clothes for a sec: Rousteing’s collection was filled with Beetlejuice infused looks and the show read like a who’s who of the models of the moment. We spotted Alessandra Ambrosio, Jessica Stam, Binx Walton, Karlie Kloss, Jourdan Dunn, Joan Smalls, Gigi Hadid, and Kendall Jenner, who must have to really train her eyes so as not to be distracted by her fam. The unapologetically maximalist collection was full of 80s brights, micro-pleats, flares, and ruffles. There was lots of lace, lots of boobs, and massive belt buckles. Shoulder volume, again, à la the 80s, no longer needs icky foam pads in 2015, Balmain delivered the look vis-à-vis massive fur sleeves.
Alessandra opens the show.
Here’s your requisite Kendall pic.
Karlie gets punny.
Catherine Baba on the street at Paris Couture. Photo: Julien Boudet/BFAnyc.com
Kris Jenner decides real pants are a no-go. But so much do we love the strategically placed clutch. Also: Ruthie Friedlander’s apt description of Jenner as a “lovely cockatoo” on the below Instagram she posted.
@ruthiefrieds on Instagram
The bride wore a space blanket — backstage at Chanel, anyway.
@michelgaubert on Instagram
More metallic for the bride, this time deliberately and on the runway. Schiaparelli couture is shaking up bridal with gold lamé and — we like this — an afro.
@malinajoseph on Instagram
Only in our fantasies and on Karl Lagerfeld‘s Chanel couture runway is Baptiste Giabaconi the gardener.
@jshi809 on Instagram
This triple super model moment — Karlie Kloss, Amber Valletta, and Eva Herzigova backstage at Versace haute couture with Pat McGrath. Stunners.
@karliekloss on Instagram
Christian Dior‘s image director for makeup Peter Philips grabs this ‘gram of a ‘gram featuring Kinga Rajzak backstage before the show.
@peterphilipsmakeup on Instagram
More than mildly obsessed with the hair at Dior by Guido Palau.
@guidopalau on Instagram
Photos: Owen Kolasinski/BFAnyc.com
Angelina Jolie, Khloe Kardashian, Melissa Rivers, and Giuliana Rancic were among guests at The Hollywood Reporter’s 23rd annual Women in Entertainment breakfast honoring the golden woman of prime time, Shonda Rhimes. The honor coincided with the mag’s ranking of the 100 most powerful women in the industry.
Jolie, who is ranked ninth on the list has been busy directing Unbroken, a film that chronicles the life of Louis Zamperini, an Olympic runner who was taken prisoner by Japanese forces during World War II. Check below to see who sipped lattes in celebration of Women in Entertainment.
1. Darby Stanchfield, Shonda Rhimes and Joel McHale
2. Khloe Kardashian and Kris Jenner
3. Melissa Rivers
4. Jay Leno
5. Giuliana Rancic
6. Angelina Jolie and Donna Langley
● Mark Wahlberg is already taking back that thing he said about 9/11 going differently, had only he been onboard one of those planes. "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with," he told TMZ. "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention." [TMZ]
● The British tabloid Look thinks Jennifer Aniston is looking a little "in the family way" these days. But, as Celebuzz points out, we’ve all heard that one before. [Celebuzz]
● "212" rapper Azealia Banks has inked a deal with "the biggest label on the planet," Universal Records. "Half the shit I’ve been through & successfully gotten through would blow some of your minds," she said, breaking the big news herself on twitter yesterday. "God just dealt me a new hand today." [Pitchfork]
● "The poem and story are fake," says Jay-Z himself, making no promises of cleaning up his vocab now that Baby Blue has arrived. [NYDN]
● Rosie O’Donnell, for one, does not think Tom Cruise is gay because "he drives race cars." Okay. [BuzzFeed]
● That rumored Kardashian run Kardashian mag has been killed, because Kris demanded editorial control over every story that ran in it as well as every other publication under the American Media umbrella — Radar, Star, the National Enquirer, etc. A request to which AMI chief David Pecker said, "no way." [Page Six]
● Bruce Springsteen has let loose the first single, called "We Take Care Of Our Own," from his upcoming album, Wrecking Ball. [Huff Post]
● Kris Humphries is predictably nonplussed to have been cast as the bad guy in Kim and Kourtney Take New York. [NYDN]
● Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sargaard are pregnant with their second kid, meaning Jake Gyllenhaal is going be an adorable uncle twice over! [LAT]
● With Rob’s season over, Dancing With The Stars producers are said to be warming-up Mama Kardashian Kris Jenner for the next season. [Huff Post]
● Watch a giddy and giggly Beyoncé get excited about her baby on the set of the "Count Down" video. [Vulture]
● 50 Cent is rapping again! The noted young-adult novelist dropped "Stop Crying" last night, and he’ll release nine more songs this week to round out something of a mixtape, Big 10. "I got something for a haters ass it called hits lol," he tweeted. [Rap Radar]
● Breaking Dawn‘s violent vampire-birth seems to be a problem for more than just Bella, as at least two movie-goers have suffered from seizures during the jarring scene. [THR]
● Although her late husband Robert Kardashian helped get him off the hook, Kris Jenner “never believed O.J., not for a second,” and was devastated by his acquittal. [NYDN] ● Taylor Swift is threatening to sue the website Celebrity Jihad for posting what they claim is a leaked nude pic of the singer, who has an otherwise squeaky-clean reputation. Scarier yet for the site, she might write a song. And all you are gonna be is mean…[TMZ] ● Lindsay Lohan went to the dentist and her pearly whites are, well, pearly white once more. [ONTD]
● Justin Timberlake says he’s got a thing for Pippa Middleton. “We like the Middletons very much,” he told Esquire UK, before demurring. “I’m going to sound like a sleazeball. I’m going to stop right there.” [Huff Post] ● The Jersey Shore — about more than just G-T-L and juice heads! — has been officially embraced by American academia. Someone even wrote a paper called, “The Jersey Saga: Honor Culture in Medieval Iceland and Modern Seaside.” [NYT] ● Here’s something of a spooky Halloween treat: David Lynch’s album, Crazy Clown Time, is now streaming on NPR. [NPR]
● Kim Kardashian revealed to Piers Morgan that she helps fund a church set up by her mother, Kris Jenner. It was only a matter of time before a Church of Kardashian found it’s place on earth: Idol worship, meet idle worship. [DailyMail] ● Wait, actually, Jennifer Aniston is not adopting a child from Mexico. Star Magazine must be so embarrassed for getting that one wrong. [People] ● Will Ferrell is off to Dunder-Mifflin to help ease the loss of Office boss-man Steve Carell. His character, a visiting branch manager, will be around for four episodes, including one after Carell’s exit from the show. [EW]
● Rumor has it that fair teen-queen Kristen Stewart is in talks to play Snow White in an upcoming re-imagining of the fairy tale, Snow White and The Huntsman. [Deadline] ● Nickelodeon knows that kids these days are on Facebook — right now — which is where they are debuting a new episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. Mom, what’s a television? [AP] ● Khloe Kardashian bravely opens up about something the press likes to hint at: “My weight is my biggest lifetime struggle. It’s not the biggest thing in life, but it does get you down sometimes.” [Khloe]
In one of the bigger “No duh” moments this year, Skechers has announced that Kim Kardashian will be the next face of the brand’s well-known Shape-ups line of fitness footwear. Kim’s mom, Kris Jenner, has also been tapped to collaborate on the fully integrated campaign, which will include print, online, television advertisements, and a “Shaping Up With The Kardashians” challenge to be aired on their popular reality TV show.
As one of the most recognizable faces (and backsides) in Hollywood, Kim’s partnership with Skechers comes as no surprise; she claims, “with Shape-ups, I am always working out, even when I’m working.” See for yourself next spring, when the campaign launches.