● SoulCycle (Union Square) – Spinning studio adds weights and pretty decorating for a full-body workout.
● The Lambs Club (Midtown West) – Get elegantly wasted with the ghost of Fred Astaire at this reincarnated clubhouse in the Chatwal hotel.
● Le Comptoir (Williamsburg) – Pedigreed French chef tackles lunch-counter Americana. You want lentils with that? ● Peter’s Since 1969 (Hell’s Kitchen) – Rotisserie kings of Williamsburg take the L train to Manhattan. Half-chicken sans the funky mustache.
● Painkiller (Lower East Side) – Tiki den tagged by the Dutch Kills crew. Nothing’s more hardcore than an artisanal umbrella drink on fire. ● Cienfuegos (East Village) – Cuban rum bar from Mayahuel/Death & Co vet seduced by pink couches, sugarcane.
● Popbar (West Village) – Gelato on a stick! ● Diablo Royale Este (East Village) – Mexican saloon doubles size of West Village original, takes name more seriously by adding spit roaster and basement bordello.
● Beba (Soho) – Floral Mediterranean blooms in former FR.OG space. Allergy-sufferers, please prep with a Zyrtec. ● Rare Bar & Grill (Chelsea) – Burgeoning burger chain incongruously plops down in lobby of Fashion 26, a.k.a., the “model Wyndham.”
● Taureau (East Village) – BYOB fondue pot is V-Day every day. ● Covet (Midtown East) – Plush lounge partitioned by niches, nooks, crannies, and animal pelts. So many places to stash a secretary.
● Fatty ‘Cue (Williamsburg) – Zak Pelaccio’s long-marinated Malaysian BBQ pit, now smoking Texas vs. Southeast Asia curry ‘cue.
● Torrisi Italian Specialties (Nolita) – Backcomb your Snooki pouf, dinner service from Italian-American deli that shuns anything actually Italian.