The first trailer for Justin Timberlake’s Netflix concert film, Justin Timberlake and The Tennessee Kids, is here, and we’re not going to beat around the bush: it gave us goosebumps and got us a little choked up.
In the clip, we get to see a bit of everything that the movie is promising: singing, dancing, backstage footage… and, of course, a clap-along to “Mirrors.”
The concert movie follows Timberlake’s final show of his two-year world tour, The 20/20 Experience, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in January of 2015. Oscar-winning director Jonathan Demme (The Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia) helmed the project.
Take a look below. You might want to grab some tissues. And maybe your mom.
Justin Timberlake and The Tennessee Kids comes to Netflix October 12.
Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake giggle into each others eyes. Photo: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
With news of Jessica Biel getting knocked up by Justin Timberlake, we couldn’t help but wonder if there is something brewing in the waters of Hollywood. First Blake Lively gracefully announces that she’s expecting, and now this! If Brad and Angie announced their pregnancy tomorrow we wouldn’t be shocked. In consideration of Tinsel Town’s baby boom we’ve put together a list of the babies we’re most excited to meet and why.
1. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake: When news was confirmed yesterday regarding the pregnancy of actress Jessica Biel with man of many talents Justin Timberlake, who couldn’t help but shed a little baby tear? Her breathtaking looks and his unquestionable talent will ensure this baby a record deal and maybe even a series during primetime. Give this baby Jessica’s lips, Justin’s vocals, and call it the second coming of Christ.Photo: Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com
2. Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego: If this baby pops out with a blue tint to it, don’t be alarmed, the mama is an Avatar after all. Actress Zoe Saldana is expecting with her husband Marco Perego. The pair will certainly make a baby worthy of the children’s Ralph Lauren catalogue. Photo: Billy Farrell/BFAnyc.com
3. Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick: We honestly can’t remember the last time Kourtney Kardashian wasn’t pregnant. As history will show, she and longtime on-off again boyfriend/housemate/sperm donor Scott Disick make some adorable babies. Thee birth will likely have a two-part special on E! and we will be watching to see if this third child stacks up to Mason and Penelope. Photo: Carly Erickson/BFAnyc.com
4. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz: Forget Blue Ivy, this child is going to have some serious musical talents. This babe is on fire! Photo: Benjamin Lozovsky/BFAnyc.com
5. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: Making this list and not including Blake and Ryan is like asking Rihanna to not show her nipples. It just won’t work. Blake is shaping up to be one of the most glowing pregnant gals of all time. The day Blake posts photos of her newborn on Preserve is the day the site crashes.
Film lovers everywhere perked up back in January upon getting a first look at the Coen brothers’ latest film Inside Llewyn Davis. Now set to premiere at Cannes in just a few short weeks, the film is based on the memoir The Mayor of MacDougal Street by Dave Van Ronk, and stars Oscar Isaac titular character. The Coen brothers are known for their idiosyncratic films, rich with characters whose mix of dry humor and intelligence always guide the narrative along and exist in a very specific world of their own making. And with Llewyn Davis, we’re excited to say it looks like little has changed in that respect.
The film reunites Isaac with Carey Mulligan (who we saw together in Drive) , as well as Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, and Garrett Hedlund rounding out the cast of characters in the story of a singer-songwriter making his way through the 1960s folk scene in New York City. And although we’ve already seen a trailer for the feature, today we get another look with a red band cut of the preview. It’s not a whole lot different from the original but you’ll want to check this out.
Alright, so, the headline. It’s a fact. Justin Timberlake could play Daddy Warbucks in a new movie version of Annie. I mean, anyone could play Daddy Warbucks in a new movie version of Annie. Jon Hamm. Seth MacFarlane. David Copperfield. Martin Short. Charlize Theron. The dead body of Johnny Cash. Joaquin Phoenix in character as Johnny Cash. Your mom. Denzel Washington. Annie Potts. Sally Struthers. Lena Dunham. Angela Bassett. See what I’m saying? Literally anyone can play Daddy Warbucks, but not just anyone should play Daddy Warbucks. The person to play Daddy Warbucks should, well, be old and white, probably. And preferably male. Justin Timberlake should not play Daddy Warbucks, but Justin Timberlake might play Daddy Warbucks.
Justin Timberlake could team with Jay-Z yet again. Hollywood sources are buzzing that JT’s being considered to star as Daddy Warbucks, opposite Quvenzhané Wallis, in the upcoming Jay-Z and Will Smith-produced remake of “Annie.” JT, who has the single “Suit & Tie” with Jay, and an impending tour, has been honing his acting chops with roles in the Coen Brothers’ “Inside Llewyn Davis” and the Ben Affleck film “Runner, Runner.” But a rep for Sony said of JT’s role, “Not true.”
Let’s hope that anonymous Sony rep is being honest. Can you imagine? Imagine the implications of Justin Timberlake saving poor little Quvenzhané Wallis from the despair of impoverished orphanhood. Through song and dance. I mean, really, Black Annie and White Daddy Warbucks probably says a whole lot about race in America already, but Justin TImberlake, who is basically delivering comfortable and non-threatening R&B music to our moms, really makes it much more complicated, huh?
If you’re like me, you’ve been listening to Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience all morning, as the upcoming album is currently streaming for free on iTunes. But you’ll need a break eventually; I suggest you take a listen to the Aeroplane remix of the lead single, "Suit & Tie," before getting back into that eight-minute song that sounds like the Miami Sound Machine invaded the studio and demanded, at gunpoint, that Timberlake and Timbaland let them join in on the fun. Listen to the remix below!
Comedy nerds’ hearts exploded last night with Justin Timberlake’s hosting gig on Saturday Night Live that brought out comedy legends past and present.
Steve Martin, Dan Ackroyd, Martin Short, Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, and Candice Bergen all appeared in a skit inducting JT into the five-timers club, the exclusive old (mostly-)boys’ club for prolific hosts. Its one of those rare skits that brings on a bunch of guests and is actually funny.
But it wasn’t ": later in the show recently departed SNL cast member Andy Samberg came back to appear in a Dating Game skit with JT for a little Dick In A Box-styleskeeziness.
If there’s any episode of Saturday Night Live worth watching this season, it’s this one.
Email me at Jessica.Wakeman@Gmail.com. Follow me on Twitter.
Right about now, I hope someone is slaving away at their desk writing a comparative analysis of David Fincher premieres in the last two weeks—Netflix’s House of Cards series and Justin Timberlake’s brand new music video for "Suit & Tie." Yes, the video is finally here. We reported a couple weeks ago that Fincher would be directing J.T.’s latest track featuring Jay-Z, the first single off his fresh return to music with The 20/20 Experience. Floating somewhere between the slick and meticulous world of Fincher and a fancy vodka commercial, the video is shiny and suave—of course. J.T. eats cereal (or soup) while chillin with Jay, then hits the stage to showcase his smooth moves, interspersed with shots of a lingerie-clad lady writhing around. We’re into it.