● Washed up soul singer and one-time walking six pack D’Angelo was driving around with $12,000 in his car before getting arrested for soliciting oral sex from an undercover cop. Where did D’Angelo get $12,000? [Daily Swarm] ● If a Joel Madden DJs the Oscars and no one is around to hear it, is Nicole Richie still famous? [People] ● Even the Oscars had a “Kanye moment” — and no, James Cameron did not make one of the best films of all-time… “of all-time!” [Salon]
● Inside Scientology things aren’t all Tom Cruise and John Travolta and Will Smith and Beck bro love parties. It’s far more “Kafkaesque.” [NYT] ● A word to the wise: If you’re getting your butt “enhanced” with injections, use a trained professional or you’ll end up looking like J.Lo today, instead of Jenny from the Block. [NYP] ● No one should miss this news: Mickey Rourke claims to have slept with 14 women in one night, with no mention of money or a film crew. [Page Six]
● Levi Johnston doesn’t show his johnson in Playgirl, according to a spokesman for the site. How can we ever trust him again? [NYDailyNews] ● Is Amy Winehouse going the way of Courtney Love? No, not with drugs, rather with plastic surgery. After getting a boob job, Wino is considering a nose job, as going under the knife has become her new obsession. [DigitalSpy] ● Are Nicole Richie and Joel Madden really married? She didn’t correct her lawyer in court when he referred to Madden as her husband. [People]
● Larry Charles, of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Borat fame, is teaming with the boys from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia for Boldly Going Nowhere, a TV show described as The Office in space. [Zap2It] ● Gerard Butler attended the Scotland premiere of Law Abiding Citizen in a traditional kilt. You’re welcome. [JustJared] ● It should come as no surprise that New Moon has slapped the competition silly to become the top advance ticket-seller in Fandango history; take that, Harry Potter and Batman. [Zimbio]
● Madonna has moved on from being the poster girl for Louis Vuitton to the leading lady of the Dolce and Gabbana’s Spring 2010 collection; she shot the campaign yesterday with Steven Klein. [Swide] ● Winona Ryder will join Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in the ballerina romp Black Swan. [HR] ● Gwyneth Paltrow will push Nicole Kidman into becoming a man in their new film The Danish Girl. Paltrow will play painter Gerda Wegener, whose husband, played by Kidman, was the first post-op transsexual. [Us]
● Could Rachel McAdams be the villain in Spider-Man 4? Rumor has it she’s met with producers to play Felicia Hardy, a.k.a. the Black Cat. [Mania] ● The Madden brothers stormed out of an Australian morning show after Joel became enraged when he was shown the infamous Britney Spears crotch shot during a game with Benji. [NineMSN] ● Justin Timberlake has reported for duty at the Aaron Sorkin/David Fincher-helmed The Social Network. He will play Sean Parker, co-founder of Napster and Facebook’s founding president. [JustJared]
● Tom Ford has dressed numerous Oscar nominees over the years, but will he be present as a nominee at the Academy Awards in 2010 for his directorial debut? [FashionWeekDaily] ● Lauren Conrad wasn’t really serious when she said friend Lo Bosworth would be the star in the movie version of her book L.A. Candy. [Us] ● Jon Gosselin seems to be under the impression that people want to hear him speak and that radio stations should pay him $10-$12K for an appearance — because as we all know, Gosselin is “quite funny, sharp witted and interesting.” [MSN]
● Quentin Tarantino is gaga over Jane Campion’s latest film Bright Star — so much so that he wrote a passionate note to the female director, saying, “I don’t like period pieces like that. [but] I loved this!!!” [Moviefone] ● Snoop Dogg is a fan of True Blood; he name-checks it in his new song “Gangsta Luv” and says he wants to be a vampire on the hit show. [EW] ● Despite what the cover of Star says, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden did not get married, says Madden on his official site. [GoodCharlotte]
Airline policies (or lack thereof) are at best inconsistent, and at worst, discriminatory. Adding to all the hullabaloo about obese passengers having to pony up for another seat, another body-related issue has come up for discussion. Apparently, having visible tattoos is a no-no for first-class passengers. Good Charlotte’s Joel Madden was denied boarding on a recent British Airways flight until he put a long-sleeved shirt on to cover up his inked arms. However, the BA’s General Rules of Carriage say nothing about body modifications, and there isn’t a “no tattoo” clause in the Unacceptable Behavior section of the BA bylaws. Joel twittered about his experience in real time, and ended up putting a long-sleeve shirt on to make his flight. See his indignant Tweets about the incident after the jump.
Who says punk is dead!
● Michael Jackson is backing out of renting a UK mansion for his summer tour because he’s worried that the ghosts which reportedly haunt the mansion will scare his kids. [NotW] ● Kate Winslet a MILF? Most definitely! While walking with her kids, two high school boys followed behind, commenting on her nice, full bottom. Who needs an Oscar with fans like that? [P6] ● Joel Madden let everyone on the Twitter-verse know he was asked to cover his tattoos by British Airways on a weekend flight to Lisbon. [Twitter]
● Beyonce’s new tour isn’t selling like expected; tickets are still available in all cities. Embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as if they had gone with stadium performances like Papa Knowles originally wanted. [Examiner] ● Lauren Conrad’s new “California chic” line for Kohl’s isn’t really “discount” shopping, but rather “smart” shopping in this economic downturn. [Radar] ● Brad and Angelina’s former bodyguard is said to be pitching a book and TV show about his years with the power couple, as well as with Sandra Bullock, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Sly Stallone, and Richard Gere. [NYDN]