● Hillary Duff is pregnant. “We are extremely happy and ready to start this new chapter of our lives,” she writes on her website. [Hillary Duff] ● Five died and at least four dozen more were left injured when a stage collapsed at the Indiana State Fair minutes before Sugarland was scheduled to perform. It’s being suggested that the tragic accident was due, in part, to strong winds and thunderstorms. [AP/Huff Post] ● Tara Reid got engaged and then, just a few hours later, was married to her Danish businessman boyfriend Michael Lilleund in Greece over the weekend. Now that’s a vacation. [People]
● Nicki Minaj, who seems to be single-handedly reviving the art, gave her fake husband Drake a lap dance. [RapRadar] ● In a return to the small screen, Jennifer Aniston will join her father John Aniston for at least one episode of Days of Our Lives. She’s only asking $650 per episode, or $999,350 less than she made on Friends. [NYP] ● AMC has ordered BlackBook favorite Breaking Bad for a fifth and final 16-episode season. [Deadline] ● Charlie Sheen caught a flying Faygo can and led a “winning” chant at the Gathering of the Juggalos. Meanwhile, probably afraid of aforementioned flying Faygo and chanting, Busta Rhymes claimed someone had ordered him the wrong kind of pizza and refused to get off his tour bus. Seriously. [SOTC]
● Prince may have a little crush on Salma Hayek. His new song is named after her daughter Valentina; in it, he sings “Hey Valentina, tell your mama she should give me a call.” Smart man to go through the daughter first, except she can’t quite speak yet. [Spinner] ● Halle Berry looks a lot like Jennifer Lopez on the cover of the new Harper’s Bazaar. [JustJared] ● Did you notice Britney Spears’ slimmer figure in those new Candies ads? That’s no diet; the signer called in the airbrush pros. [E&Sb]
● Now that Sam Ronson and Lilo are over, what high-profile lesbian should Sam go out with next? The L Word’s Katherine Moennig? Or maybe bi-curious actress Elisha Cuthbert? [TheFrisky] ● Turns out True Blood costars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are dating, and unlike their characters, they actually can go out in the sun. [JustJared] ● Are Jennifer Love Hewitt and Hillary Duff in a feud? Duff recently shot an episode on J. Love’s The Ghost Whisperer and was getting too close to J.Love’s boyfriend-of-the-month, Jamie Kennedy. [NationalLedger]
● Is the pressure of Fashion Week too much for seasoned veterans like Mark Badgley and James Mischka? An office mole says they had such a blow-out fight they are ready to split their company down the middle. [Gatecrasher] ● Feel disappointed by some of last year’s summer movies? Take a look at this series of posters that purports the truth about summer blockbusters like Sex and the City and Transformers. [HolyTaco] ● Hillary Duff is the latest celeb to design a line for DKNY Jeans; Rachel Bilson also has a line with them. The line is called Femme, meant to connote “feminine” yet “aggressive.” Think a dialed-back Rick Owens. [WWD]
● What is Jessica Alba’s post baby-bod secret? Hours in the gym, like the rest of us? Nope. Just wear a girdle. [People] ● Earlier this week, rumors surfaced that Britney Spears would cancel her tour if she didn’t get to see her kids. Now sources are saying K-Fed will be on tour with her, kids in tow. That should end well. [Contact Music] ● Lux Interior, founder of seminal psychobilly band The Cramps, has died from a pre-existing heart condition at the age of 60. [LAT]
● Dustin Hoffman pulls a Spencer Pratt by mugging for the cameras, faux-reading tabloid mags for them. [JustJared] ● Could Allure be the next magazine to fold at Conde Nast? [P6] ● That didn’t take long: get your Christian Bale “We’re Done Professionally” shirt for only $17.95! [DispairInc]
● Crossover darling of the art and fashion worlds Ryan McGinley has shot the new Stella McCartney ad with Kate Moss. He was also shot by Jurgen Teller for the new Marc Jacobs ads. [Models] ● Hillary Duff is fueling the fire for a feud with Faye Dunaway, after Duff told a reporter “I might be mad if I looked like that now, too” (referring to Dunaway’s worked-over face). [JustJared, Youtube] ● Which actor’s films have made the most money? You might be surprised. [BoxOfficeMojo]
Cartier chose “Music” as the theme of its third annual Love Day, celebrated yesterday in the U.S. This year’s Love Day sees Cartier launch the new Love Charity bracelet with its Love Charity Ambassadors. To tie everything together, the Love Charity Ambassadors are musicians. Ashanti, Common, Emmy Rossum, Eve, Fergie, Good Charlotte, Hilary Duff and Janet Jackson each support different charities in addition to Action Against Hunger, which Cartier supports vigorously.
On October 5, 2007 Cartier stopped purchasing stones from Burma in accordance with becoming a responsible jeweler. Cartier’s involvement with Action Against Hunger was a catalyst in this development, and continues to influence Cartier’s involvement with associations worldwide that work to bring aide to malnourished children.