One of the best things about Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers is the music. And that’s not to say you’ll ever find me dancing alone in my room to Skrillex, but between his throbbing beats and Cliff Martinez’s haunting ambient score, the music works to entrance us into Korine’s hyper-real world in a way that creates a strong cohesion between sight and sound. Dropping March 12th, the soundtrack for the film features Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame, Rick Ross, and Ellie Goulding alongside Martinez and Skrillex. Vibe gives us the full tracklist below that looks to fit the bill for a dirty dubstepping romp through Spring Break. But wait—where’s the Britney Spears?!
1. "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" – Skrillex 2. "Rise And Shine Little B***h" – Music by Cliff Martinez & Skrillex 3. "Pretend It’s A Video Game" – Cliff Martinez 4. "With You, Friends (Long Drive)" – Skrillex 5. "Hangin’ With Da Dopeboys" – Dangeruss with James Franco 6. "Bikinis & Big Booties Y’all" – Music by Cliff Martinez & Skrillex 7. "Never Gonna Get This P***y" – Cliff Martinez 8. "Goin’ In (Skrillex Goin’ Down Remix)" – Birdy Nam Nam 9. "F**k This Industry" – Waka Flocka Flame 10. "Smell This Money (Original Mix)" – Skrillex 11. "Park Smoke" – Skrillex 12. "Young N****s" – Gucci Mane (feat. Waka Flocka Flame) 13. "Your Friends Ain’t Gonna Leave With You" – Cliff Martinez 14. "Ride Home" – Skrillex 15. "Big Bank" – Meek Mill, Pill, Torch & Rick Ross (feat. French Montana) 16. "Son Of Scary Monsters" – Music by Cliff Martinez & Skrillex 17. Big ‘Ol Scardy Pants – Cliff Martinez 18. Scary Monsters on Strings – Music by Skrillex 19. Lights – Ellie Goulding
Over the summer, much was made about Oakland-based rapper Kreayshawn’s record deal. The White Girl Mob frontwoman penned a lucrative contract with Sony on the back of her YouTube hit “Gucci Gucci,” and on this site, we wondered, “What does this mean for the other members of the White Girl Mob? Lil’ Debbie and V-Nasty don’t seem to have been signed anywhere.” No need to worry one second longer, V-Nasty has a record coming out with Gucci Mane this December. Take a look at the cover and tracklistafter the jump.
You know the album is hard as hell when it has the Parental Advisory sticker on it before the RIAA even told them to put it there.
Hip Hop-N-More reports that this collaboration is being released by Warner Bros. Records and it’s coming out on December 15th (just in time for Christmas!). They also snagged the track list for your perusal:
1. Whip Appeal (Feat. P2theLA) 2. Loaded (Feat. Mr. Fab) 3. Let’s Get Faded 4. White Girl 5. Push Ups (Feat. Slim Dunkin) 6. Food Plug (Feat. Berner) 7. Out My Circle 8. Hate Me Some More 9. Millions Every Month 10. Fill My Shoes 11. F*ck You (Feat. Slim Dunkin) 12. Sick Swag
● The new Breaking Dawn trailer makes vampire pregnancy look terrible. Otherwise, there’s weddings and wedding nights and Edward saying, “Last night was the best night of my existence.” [LAT] ● Gucci Mane is in jail again, this time serving six-months for that time he pushed a woman out of his car last January. Burr? [Rap-Up] ● Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose went to Las Vegas and didn’t even get married. “We’re just gonna do what’s natural,” Khalifa said. [NYDN]
● Anderson Cooper’s daytime show looks so fun. Yesterday, he got spray tanned by an expert: Snooki! [Gawker] ● Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are extending their brand and teaming up with cute rubber-soled sneaker company Superga. [Us] ● Lil Wayne is not feeling much love from the current crop of GOP-ers. “You have to make the most of who you are because the Republicans are never going to like us,” he says, sounding almost libertarian. [Vibe]
Remember that time Miley Cryus hit a bong filled with salvia, burst into a fit of giggles, and really outraged parents everywhere? Here’s something even more disconcerting than that: The teen pop idol seems to have struck up an unlikely friendship — or possibly just some strange fascination with — rapper Gucci Mane. Color us confused!
Miley rejoined Twitter this week after abandoning her 1.1 million followers in 2009, announcing that she did it for her fans — and to follow Charlie Sheen (she hasn’t heard that he isn’t really #winning anymore). Anyway, today Miley began to tweet at our favorite ice-cream-face-tattoo rapper Gucci Mane (who she’s previously admitted to liking), even including a photo of his latest cover for The Source magazine.
So far, Gucci hasn’t replied to any of Miley’s tweets, and we’re kind of hoping it stays that way, because we already know what they’re each capable of individually.
● “Well, he does a different party than I do,” said Snooki upon meeting Senator Chuck Schumer when the two crossed paths in a DC airport. And never the twain shall meet again. [NYP] ● Russell Brand and Chris Brown are slated to host SNL‘s February 12th episode. [NYM] ● Kings of Leon are postponing their international tour for drummer Nathan Followill, who tore his bicep while working out. It’s okay, bro, we all forget to stretch sometimes. [E!]
● John Mayer has had it with girls getting mad at him, so he’s hiring a new team to fix his image. [NYDN] ● Mercedes Johnston will follow in her older brother Levi’s footsteps by posing for Playboy. Except, rumor has it the 18 year-old is going for the full monty. Guess she won’t be running for Wasillia mayor anytime soon? [RumorFix] ● Face-tattoo aficionado Mike Tyson put things quite bluntly when Shade 45 asked him about Gucci Mane’s latest, the ice cream cone: “I like going to war, he likes being licked on.” Well, Brrr! [RapRadar]
It’s beginning to seem like all these outlandish tattoos are a part of some larger conspiracy to fuel one of the greatest 2011 end-of-year lists: “Rapper Tattoos That Made Us Say WTF, Over and Over Again.” Currently slipping into the no.2 spot is T-Pain, who revealed some new Facebook-inspired ink yesterday on Twitter. “I get a tatt every time I come to Hawaii. I think this ones pretty sweet, unless facebook shuts down soon 0_o,” he wrote, posting a photo of his tatted arm, which reads, “You Don’t Have to Like Me.” The clincher being that the word “like” is “cleverly” replaced with a graphic of Facebook’s popular “Like” button.
One of the first fans to comment on T-Pain’s tattoo twitpic pointed out that the new piece was “way better” than Gucci Mane’s ice cream cone, which is to say that not putting the “Like” button on or around his face seriously ruined Pain’s chance for ever climbing to no.1 on the list.
● The Assange biography The Most Dangerous Man in the World has been optioned, but can Julian succeed in his final act before his story leaks to the big screen? Your move, Wiki. [HR] ● Snooki and JWoww will be in Long Island this weekend shooting some sort of pilot for MTV. We can’t begin to guess. [TMZ] ● Hoping to avoid the heat MTV’s taking for Skins‘ scantily clad young stars, Taco Bell has decided to take ads for their frito-filled burritos elsewhere. [NYO]
● While in Sudan, actor/activist George Clooney contracted malaria, for a good cause: “This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death sentence.” [HuffPost] ● Katy Perry is several feet taller than everyone who works at Facebook, thinks Mark Zuckerberg has “Baller style.” [Mediaite] ● “Britney’s so icy,” said Gucci Mane about the “Hold It Against Me” remix he’s working on with Britney Spears. “I am going to make her go Brrr.” Gucci? We’re beginning to worry about you. [Rumor Fix]
● Boardwalk Empire star Paz de la Huerta let life imitate art when she showed up half-naked and stumbling-drunk to the Chateau Marmont after Sunday night’s Golden Globes. [TMZ] ● Leighton Meester and her Country Strong costar Garret Hedlund were said to be “making googly eyes at each other all night.” Come on, come on, come on — give in to it. [Us] ● “Ricky will not be invited back to host the show next year, for sure. For sure any movie he makes he can forget about getting nominated,” says an anonymous member of the HFPA. Who’s the sore looser? ]PopEater]
● Man of endless controversy, Kanye West has supposedly signed on to play a jazz band member in a film that involves a gay sex scene. Will Smith, Jay Z, and Oprah are backing the movie, and the script has supposedly won 9 awards, so who knows. [MTO] ● Brick Squad rappers Waka Flocka Flame and Gucci Mane want a reality show. “We just ordinary people with a crazy Rock N Roll lifestyle,” says Gucci. We couldn’t agree more. [PopDust] ● Bill O’Reilly and his producer/stalker, Jesse Watters, crashed a Snooki book signing to invite the reality star to the O’Reilly Factor to talk about “Obamacare, Afghanistan, the Jersey Shore…” — just the punditry America needs. [Mediaite]
Gucci Mane has outdone himself this time. In the off chance that the ATL rapper was having trouble proving to a judge that he is, in fact, certifiably insane, Mr. La Flare decided to make one bold move that would make it permanently clear. A triple scoop of ice cream with the tagline “Brrr” tattooed across his right cheek.
To further fuel the natural “what the fuck” reaction next time you happen across this photo, please take a minute to read Gucci’s reasoning behind this facial work. His spokesperson Kali Bowyer gave Rolling Stone the, er, scoop on his new ice cream art work, explaining that it is “a reminder to fans of how he chooses to live his life. Cool as ice.” You know, “As in, ‘I’m so icy, I’ll make ya say Brr.” Right. She also added that the ice cream cone appears on one of Gucci’s favorite necklaces, which he’s owned for some time now, and can be found in numerous photos floating around the net. A great follow-up question here would be: Is Gucci aware that necklaces are removable accessories, while facial tattoos of a staple childhood treat just look stupid?
Gucci’s new tattoo is courtesy of artist Shane Willoughby, at Atlanta’s Tenth Street Tattoo shop.