Since 1994 (I was a zygote then, and you?) Giuseppe Zanotti has been dressing women’s feet in ludicrously fabulous and wildly impractical shoes. To mark 20 years of success, the man behind the gilded footwear has created a set of capsule collections, each representing a distinct characteristic of the brand, from jewels to rock to disco and onward.
The Jewel collection (out in June) is as gilded as it gets. Think glamour, think excess! Rock ‘n’ Roll, Black Stilettos, and Disco to follow in September, November, and February 2015, respectively.
The capsules will be availables exclusively at Giuseppe Zanotti boutiques.
Images courtesy of Giuseppe Zanotti
Another Cannes Film Festival has come and gone, proving that over-the-top glamour is still very much prevalent in the land of ridiculously rich people, aka the French Riviera. And it’s not just movie stars; models, musicians, beauty brands and even bloggers got in on the decadent action this year, too. From amfAR’s annual gala to P. Diddy’s yacht party on steroids, here are some of my favorite FOMO-inducing moments captured by everyone’s favorite photo sharing mobile app, Instagram.
1. Theophilus London chilled with footwear god Giuseppe Zanotti at dinner one night and got him to do what you’re seeing above.
2. amFAR held their annual Cinema Against AIDS gala, where supermodels and superbloggers mingled, like Doutzen Kroes and Rumi Neely:
3. P. Diddy hosted a crazy party on a monster yacht:
4. L’Oreal Paris set up a fancy beauty suite to help pretty people get even more pretty, like athlete/actress/model Aimee Mullins:
5. Supermodel Anja Rubik threw a party for erotic fashion rag 25 Magazine, which her fellow supermodel friends flocked to:
6. Just for good measure, here’s a lasting FML shot of a gold freakin’ Mercedes that someone drove to the amFAR gala:
Glitter is all the rage this season. After chatting with Jessica Alba at the FN Achievement Awards, where she proclaimed her favorite pair of Christian Louboutins “the glitter ones,” it was official—glitter really is in. Truthfully, when it comes to glitter and sequins I can be a little reluctant, but the look is starting to grow on me. Especially after I conjured up these fabulous glittery pieces that even I would rock. The key, as usual, is keeping it simple and not going glitter-crazy. In other words, don’t pair a glitter dress with glitter shoes. Unless you’re riding a bike late at night and attempting to make yourself a human reflector. Otherwise stick to one glittery piece and leave the disco ball at Studio 54 where it belongs.
Left: Brian Lichtenberg Glitter Hooded Dress, $575.
Giuseppe Zanotti Glitter Pumps, $595.
Kate Spade New York Glitter Emanuelle Clutch, $345.
Dolan Circle Top, $220.