Is Courtney Love ready for yet another comeback? After a tumultuous few weeks, including revelations that Love has lost control of former husband Kurt Cobain’s image to her daughter thanks to an outstanding debt and now-retracted Twitter accusations that former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl was fiddling with that same daughter, there is a bit of silver lining appearing around Love’s dark cloud.
Not only did her band Hole reunite for the first time in eons with all of the members who played on the band’s last record, Celebrity Skin, for a quick set in Brooklyn recently, but this week a show of Love’s artwork—titled “And She’s Not Even Pretty”—has its debut at the Manhattan art gallery Fred Torres Collaborations.
The show, which features 45 original pieces by Love, is open through June 15 and, as she told The Huffington Post, it’s a “Kurt-free zone.”
"A lot of this collection is about one romance," Love said. "It’s embracing this thing in my life that haunted me.”
On Wednesday, Gawker published a series of tweets from Courntey Love’s private Twitter account, @cbabymichelle, in which she accused Foo Fighters frontman (and former Nirvana member) Dave Grohl of seducing her only daughter, 19-year-old Frances Bean Cobain. Love’s late-night rant spurned denials from both Grohl and Frances, who wrote in a statement that "Twitter should ban my mother." Now, Love has apologized to Frances–via Twitter, of course.
● "While I’m generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother, her recent tirade has taken a gross turn," Francis Bean Cobain says, in response to Courtney Love’s tweets alleging that Foo Fighters frontman David Grohl of hitting on her daughter. "Twitter should ban my mother." [RS]
● Eight seasons later and with Dwight off to the farm, executive producers are considering an Office reboot that could include existing as well as new characters. [Deadline]
● Rumor has it that sexy parents Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are reuniting on the silverscreen or the first time since their steamy Mr. and Mrs. Smith debut in director Ridley Scott’s The Counselor, alongside Michael Fassbender and Javier Bardem. [People]
● Like Drake and Kanye West and Diplo before her, Taylor Swift has lent a hand to Justin Bieber’s upcoming album. "The whole album is just so different, there’s so many different people collaborating," he says. Guess this means all is forgiven. [MTV]
● In collaboration with a Canadian production company, Marilyn Monroe’s estate is launching a Marilyn Monroe-themed reality show, Finding Marilyn, wherein twelve wannabes "travel to Hollywood for a chance to become an American icon." [THR]
● And so it begins for The Hunger Games and Miley Cyrus’s Liam Hemsworth, who has signed on to lead Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman in Paranoia, a corporate espionage thriller that is set in the world of dueling telecom giants. [Deadline]
● Completely unfazed by the tattoos and cigs, Courtney Love thinks allthese pictures of her daughter, Frances Bean, are quite nice. “Well yeah she’s beautiful,” she said. “What else did you expect! She’s my kid!” [NYO] ● Beyoncé is perfect, we know, and her habit of buying fans and staff pizza of course doesn’t hurt. [Page Six] ● The Game went on CNN and apologized nicely to the Compton Police Department for tweeting their phone number and jamming their lines, so the police are dropping all charges. [CNN]
● Sarah Silverman’s new show has started the season’s first bidding war, with NBC, ABC, and Fox all vying for the “single-camera comedy loosely based on Silverman’s life.” [Deadline] ● With “Friday Night” at number one this week, Katy Perry joins Michael Jackson as just the second artist ever to have five singles from an album hit the top spot on the Billboard. Try and resist any further comparisons between the two. [THR] ● Martha Stewart must know: Do you think she’s hip? [Martha Stewart/Twitter]
● Caring father Michael Lohan vows to get Lindsay off those prescription drugs she’s been taking, so her acting career can finally get back on track. [Radar] ● Speaking of hot mess Lohans, Frances Bean Cobain has written an open letter to Ali Lohan urging her to “work her ass off,” ‘cause Lohan’s “idea of fame isn’t fame.” [Twitter] ● Jenny McCarthy is looking forward to dating “Curly,” as boyfriend Jim Carrey is in the midst of gaining 40 pounds to play him in the upcoming Three Stooges film. [Yahoo]
● Jon Gosselin says it isn’t his fault he’s acting like a D-bag; his therapist says he has mentally gone from 32 to 23. [Us] ● Despite being mortified at Kanye West’s “Imma Let You Finish” outburst on her behalf, Beyoncé understands he was just “standing up for art.” [MTV] ● Sookie Stackhouse is no bridezilla. Anna Paquin says she’ll be opting for a low-key affair when she marries co-star Stephen Moyer, adding that wearing a “big meringue wedding dress” would scare the “shit” out of her. [OKMag]