When I was five years old, I spent my time riding tricycles down the street, watching Saturday morning cartoons, and sitting in a pile of Legos I had a habit of dumping on the floor. For Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s daughter Blue Ivy, the age of five won’t be remembered for anything as mundane as Tokyo Drift tricycle rides around the block. Ever since she was born into music’s most royal household, the world has waited with baited breath for her music debut and now, her time has arrived.
“Everything everything this my only single thing. Everything I hear is my answer,” Ivy spits on a verse so hot it could be a second sun before later declaring: “Never seen a ceiling in my whole life.” The song, called “Blue’s Freestyle/We Family,” is one of three new bonus tracks that coincide with Jay-Z’s 4:44 album dropping on every single streaming service not named Spotify.
The 45 seconds that Ivy spends rapping on the track are, quite simply, the cutest thing we’ve heard in weeks—and not just because we can’t understand half of what she says. As one would expect from a five-year-old, much of the verse is indecipherable but it does end with a truly fire mantra of “Boom shakalaka. Everything in shaka. Everything in faka.”
What does it mean? We have no idea, but what’s certain is that the internet has collectively exploded in celebration of her long-awaited music debut.
You guys, it’s getting really difficult to keep up with all these designer-clad celebrity babies popping in as of late. Just when we thought that Beyonce and Jay-Z’s Blue Ivy, sealed the deal on the just-born best-dressed by donning a stylish Alice Temperley sack, here comes Miranda Kerr and actor Orlando Bloom’s adorable son Flynn to steal her thunder.
Today, the tot with eyelashes to envy was spotted in New York wearing a sheath that felt very Pucci. Oh, and her supermodel Aussie mom was there, too. So, what’s the verdict? Are you team Flynn Bloom, Blue Ivy Carter, Harper Seven, or the good old standby, Suri Cruise? don’t even get us started on Brangelina’s brood.
If you noticed the sun shining a little brighter on January 7, it was because the great one, Blue Ivy Carter, finally decided to grace us with her presence. Although the supreme offspring of Beyonce and Jay-Z has been on our planet for less than two months, she’s already making waves in the fashion world due to the high-end fabrics her famous mother has been toting her around in. Harper Seven must be shaking in her overpriced booties right about now.
According to Grazia, Blue Ivy sported a stylish sheath by British designer Alice Temperley on her first public outing, which is a bold move considering that the UK is Beckham baby Harper’s territory. We’re guessing that Beyonce will swiftly make sure that chic sacks become a thing and that her baby Blue will be concealed under scarves from the likes of Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Givenchy, etc.
Suri Cruise, who?
I told you this was coming. Last year, Beyonce and Jay-Z’s first born swiftly took the place of Victoria and David Beckham’s Harper Seven as the world’s most stylish celebrity spawn. After carefully revealing Blue Ivy Carter to the world via Tumblr images and over-analyuzed documentary cameos, Queen Bey is ready to step out with her bestie to put other toddlers’ swag game to shame.
This past weekend, Beyonce and her 14-month-old daughter stepped out in Brooklyn to grub at the Buttermilk Channel eatery for lunch. Attempting to keep things low-key (although who wouldn’t recognize that gravity-defying top bun), the songstress wore a black hoodie and shades. Blue Ivy, on the other hand, looked baller in mini Timberland boots. If you think you could look this good while sleeping in shoes, purchase your own pair here.
Middle-class Americans struggle for affordable childcare. Blue Ivy Carter, magical fairy child of Jay-Z and Beyoncé, has her very own $1 million nursey suite in the basement of the Barclays Center.
Jay-Z has rented a suite filled with toys in the basement of Barclays so that the year-old Blue Ivy can be near her dad (and, I guess, mom) when they work and perform, US Weekly reports.
Their source was unclear about this next part but said the space Jay-Z rented includes a "VIP" area with a champagne bar and TV screen. I assume this is a special area for grownups and not where Blue Ivy takes meetings with Apple and Moses.
It would be rad of Blue’s million-dollar pad is also shared as a playspace for kids whose parents work at the Barclays Center but are less financially fortunate. I can dream, can’t I?
Contact the author of this post at Jessica.Wakeman@Gmail.com. Follow me on Twitter.
● Three months old and Blue Ivy has already jetting town to spend the holiday weekend with her parents in St. Bart’s on a big ole’ yacht. [Rap-Up]
● Bravo’s Bethenny Frankel would like Mila Kunis to play the lead in the big-screen adaptation of her novel Skinnydipping. And as for everything else that goes into making a movie? She’ll figure that out later. [NYDN]
● Justin Bieber has graciously lent his song "Born to Be Somebody" to new Bully campaign. "My fans are always up for supporting a great cause," he explains. "I hope they see Bully with their friends and help start the conversation so we can end bullying." [MTV]
● Headed to the Hamptons this summer? Unfortunately for you, Coldplay’s drummer’s won the very last beach-parking permit, so you will have to plan accordingly. [NYDN]
● In order to pay back the IRS, Young Buck is selling all of his intellectual property, song composition and name included. So, uh, who’s buying? [Fuse]
● "Good luck dude, you are going to need it," is the best Kris Humphries can muster for Kanye West. [Radar]
● "This is about to get real embarrassing," warned Katy Perry just before diving into a family-friendly cover of Jay-Z and Kanye West’s hit “Niggas in Paris” on BBC Radio 1Xtra’s Live Lounge. At least she got the uniform part right. [Rap-Up]
● Jersey Shore is set to shoot a 6th season in Seaside this summer, with Snooki and her nascent meatball baby and all. [Vulture]
● The Hunger Games craze has found it’s way into our local gyms, where can melt away the calories while “Sprinting to the Cornucopia” and pretend climbing trees in "Train Like a Tribute" classes. [NYDN]
● Frank Ocean has changed his mind about the planned commercial re-release of Nostalgia as Nostalgia, Lite. "Not icey," he says. [TheFarder]
● Aunt Rihanna was sure to make time for baby Blue Ivy Carter while she was in New York over the weekend for her grandmother’s birthday. [YBF]
● Ashton Kutcher has signed up for a trip to outerspace with Virgin Galactic, Richard Branson’s space tour company. Now, if only there were a way we could keep him out there… [JustJared]
● J-Lo showed some nipple and a very skinny Angelina some leg; Sacha Baron Cohen rained Kim Jong-Il’s ashes down on Ryan Seacrest; Chris Rock told the evening’s only funny joke; and The Artist took five awards. Ladies and gentleman, the 2012 Academy Awards! [NYT]
● The newly single Russell Simmons made sure to get Katy Perry’s number before leaving last night’s post-awards festivities. [NYDN]
● Jay-Z and Beyoncé took baby Blue Ivy out for her first lunch on the town at Sant Ambroeus in the West Village. [Rap-Up]
● Dipset capo Jim Jones was arrested and mased after getting into a fight at Diddy’s big Foxwoods Resort and Casino bash. "This is gettin blown way out of proportion," he said on Twitter after posting the $40,000 bail. [TMZ]
● Rihanna has been shortlisted, along with Vivica Fox and Jordin Sparks, to star in an upcoming Whitney Houston bioepic. [DailyMail]
● Ever so lovely, Taylor Swift invited a teen cancer patient to be her date to the Academy of Country Music Awards with a post on his Facebook wall. ‘Like’! [TMZ]
● Beyoncé and Jay-Z are filing quickly for trademark of their baby’s name, Blue Ivy, because two other people have already tried to do the same. [WP]
● The counts are in and it looks Lana Del Rey’s much buzzed about Born To Die has landed at the number two spot on the SoundScan, having sold a respectable 77,000 units in its debut week. Adele’s 21 remains impeachable. [MTV]
● 70 some odd movies and $500,000 dollars of debt later, poor Gary Busey has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. [TMZ]
● For her latest project, "Venus," Italian artist Anna Utopia Giordano gave some of art history’s most celebrated nudes the Condé Nast treatment — photoshop a little off the upper arm, soften up the bosom, and voila! Oh how the times have changed. [Flavorwire]
● Joan Rivers isn’t buying Madonna’s "trademark" glove. "She’s not picking up the glove from Michael Jackson, she’s trying to hide those wrinkly old hands," says the woman who has had a rumored 739 plastic surgeries. "Believe me, you can hide a lot of things, but the hands always give it away." [PopEater]
● As per her tour rider, M.I.A. won’t go on unless three women in full burqas and high speed internet are provided. [SmokingGun]