Fleetwood Mac, everyone’s favorite incestuous pop band from the ’70s, have several albums in their multi-line-up career, although it’s probably their albums from the Me Decade that featured the band’s most recognizable tunes, from the oft-covered "Landslide" to the witchy "Rhiannon". And that’s why the band is long-due for a cool indie-rock tribute album, right?
Featuring Marianne Faithfull, The Kills, Antony, recent Fleetwood Mac coverer Best Coast, and Lykke Li, among others, the album has a pretty stellar tracklisting. It’s going to be hard to wait until August 14, which is when the record drops. I mean, look at this heavy list of wannabe Stevies and Lindseys!
- “Albatross” – Lee Ranaldo Band Featuring J Mascis
- “Landslide” – Antony
- “Before The Beginning” – Trixie Whitley
- “Oh Well” – Billy Gibbons & Co.
- “Rhiannon” – Best Coast
- "Think About Me” – The New Pornographers
- “Angel” – Marianne Faithfull
- “Silver Springs” – Lykke Li
- “Gold Dust Woman” – Karen Elson
- “Storms” – Matt Sweeney And Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy
- “Straight Back” – Washed Out
- “That’s All For Everyone” – Tame Impala
- “Sisters Of The Moon” – Craig Wedren with St. Vincent
- “Dreams” – The Kills
- “Gypsy” – Gardens & Villa
- “Tusk” – The Crystal Ark
- “Future Games” – MGMT
Jeeeez, who tapped into my brain and created the tribute album of my dreams? Christopher Nolan, is this your handiwork?
If you are also salivating at the idea of very Fleetwood Mac-y band New Pornagraphers (well, without the fucking, I guess) covering the song from the fantastic Tusk, you’re in luck! Pitchfork posted a recording of the song today, which I will now proceed to listen to on a loop for the rest of the day. Join me, won’t you?