Fans who jumped up and down like an animated gif waiting to happen after hearing the news that Will Ferrell’s beloved and oft-quoted Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy would be getting a sequel now have the delight of a teaser trailer for the film, coming in at under a minute and appearing at cinemas near you. Maybe.
The teaser for the film (due out in 2013), doesn’t include much indication as to what the plot will be. It’s just Ron Burgundy (Ferrell) and the rest of his news team doing what they do best: shooting off lines that people you dislike will put in their Facebook profiles someday.
That said, there were some lines fans will enjoy. To recap, here’s a checklist of tropes from the last film featured in this teaser:
- Weird combovers, Greg Brady hair and ’70s threads? Check.
- Ron Burgundy making a nonsensical motivational imperative statement? Check.
- References to scotch? Check.
- A same-mannequin-different-outfit reiteration of the "Invitation to the pants party" / "I love lamp" exchange? Check.
- Steve Carell as Brick Tamland making everyone in the theatre uncomfortable? Check.
- (Ron Burgundy addressing the people of America? Check.
- Him telling us to "stay classy" in the process? Uncheck.)
- Use of "Grazin’ In The Grass" by the Friends of Distinction? Check.
- Veronica Corningstone? Uncheck, which seems pretty unfair, as the whole point of the last movie was getting them to the point of equal billing, becoming co-anchors as well as co-people.