Photo: Ryan Kobane/BFAnyc.com
A lot has happened in the two days since we’ve returned to our desks.
1. Bye Lincoln Center and hello…undisclosed downtown location. The changes don’t end at location though. The “MB” prior to “FW” is gone as Mercedes-Benz drops sponsorship, and, IMG, which owns NYFW is in negotiations to purchase and absorb MADE, though founders Mazdack Rassi, Jenné Lombardo, and Keith Baptista wikl remain consultants. Come 2017, the industry will probably see another move as the Hudson Yards renovation concludes.
2. Cameron Diaz up and married Benji Madden last night.Naturally, everyone wants dress pics–and stat. We don’t have them yet, but can we also take a second to reflect on the fact that Nicole Richie and Cameron Diaz are now sisters-in-law? Hollywood–what a place. There are reports that an outfit change did occur.
3. Blake Lively had her baby–a bit earlier than expected but reports state that both are healthy. A nurse might be in trouble for tweeting the name Violet. This name is not yet confirmed. Everyone, hold tight.
4. I interrupt the scheduled order of this list to announce that writer/dream Joan Didion is featured in the new Céline campaign looking amazing in big black sunnies. As Vogue said, “Consider that Joan Didion might be the ultimate Céline woman: brilliant, creative, vaguely recalcitrant. Consider that she may have been Philo’s muse all along.”
5. COACH is feeling like a totally new entity these days. We’ve obsessed over everything Stuart Vevers has done since joining the brand, and now let’s discuss the fact that they appear to be making their first acquisition. A $574 million purchase of Stuart Weitzman.
6. This summer, some lucky–and talented–new designers will be recognized by a very special panel of judges (LVMH’s 9 creative directors) for the second edition of the LVMH Prize for Young Fashion Designers.
7. Tim Walker shot surrealist inspired pics of the year’s top actors–seven covers in all.
8. Lisa Eldridge used to work at the Lancôme counter at Harrods. Today, she’s the brand’s new creative director. Vogue celebrates with a look back at some of the YouTube tutorials that made her the makeup sensation she is now.
10. Alexa Chung knows her denim so it’s no surprise she’s teamed up with AG to design a 20-piece capsule collection. Check out the fabulously retro-chic looks she models on Vogue UK.
11. We went to the GIRLS Season Four Premiere last night. Read all about it here.