Anna Dello Russo is more than just a fashion enthusiast—she’s an icon. Her inviting presence and over-the-top outfits have made her an inspiration to designers in all fashion genres and the holy grail of photo ops for street-style bloggers. And now that her growing fan base can smell like her, she wants them to party like her, too. In a blog post too good to be true, our beloved ADR shared some tips on how to be the perfect guest at a Christmas (or any holiday, really) party. See her sassy rules in all their grammatical-error glory (and my lighthearted commentary) after the jump.
1. “Don’t wear RED or GREEN outfits. You will look like a Christmas tree.” This is so true. I mean, do you see trees trying to dress like you and stealing your thunder?
2. “Forget any COATS (also if outside it’s only 5 degrees). You should make a big impact just with your dress.” Frostbite, schmost-bite! Record-low temperatures mean nothing to a true fashionista.
3. “Choose a GOLD. You will emphasize the idea to be a Christmas GIFT to unwrap.” This almost made sense, until the thought of people unwrapping me kind of freaked me out.
4. “Go to the hairdresser, facial, manicure and pedicure. Don’t be worry to be OVER-DONE!” Effortless-chic, who?
5. “Choose between HAT and MAKEUP, if you wear a hat keep fresh face otherwise you will looks like a transvestite.” This is just… I can’t even.
6. “Wearing lots of JEWELLERY. The sound of JEWELLERY banish bad thoughts and bad ghosts.” Fashion aficionado and ghost whisperer? The girl can do it all.
7. “Focus on the SHOES. Generally at Christmas party you spend a lot of time seated on the sofa.” But what kind of shoes, you ask? See below.
8. “Shoes have to carry all the magical atmosphere of Christmas: Choose sparkling, shiny, eccentric, metallic, decorative, precious, brocade, extravagant, color-full, magnificent, enchanting, …PAIR OF SHOES.” Wow, my black ankle boots do none of these things.
9. “Don’t be worry about your BAG, you immediately will forget it on some chairs.” Forget it on some chairs? Am I the only one who clutches my purse like it’s a national treasure?
10. “Don’t throw yourself on the drinks and on the food. It’s not POLITE.” Because nothing tastes as good as being an ADR-approved guest feels.
Photo via Jak & Jil.