Photos: L: Matteo Prandoni/BFAnyc.com, R: David X Prutting/BFAnyc.com
Happy Star Wars Day. In honor of the fan holiday, and Vanity Fair’s just released images from the upcoming STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS which reveals Lupita Nyong’o in her new, eagerly anticipated role as Maz Kanata, let’s look back at the star’s consistently ace sartorial choices.
1. In which the Oscar winner takes style cues from her trophy
2. Painterly at the SAG Awards
3. Appropriately fashion-forward at the CFDA Awards
4. A perfect look for the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic
5. She can really pull anything off
6. This time last year at the Met Gala…
7. She may have a thing for green beading.
8. Casual BFF run-in with Anna Wintour (+Naomi Watts) at the Calvin Klein Show–looking radiant in pastel CK and a bold, bright lip
9. A seamless transition from the minimalism of Calvin to an embellished head-to-toe Chanel look at the MOMA
10. Always in with the fashion set, here Nyong’o celebrates Sacai with Sally Singer
11. Sleek for a premiere of 12 YEARS A SLAVE