Of the five names being tossed around as potential candidates to star opposite Ryan Reynolds in the big-screen adaptation of Green Lantern, the most sensible woman for the job is obviously Inglourious Basterds‘ Diane Kruger. In fact, here’s a five-pronged argument for why casting agents need no longer entertain Blake Lively, Jennifer Garner, Eva Green, or that broad from Felicity, when Diane effing Kruger runs circles around all of them.
• Elocution. Some of these front-runners lack the ability to clearly pronounce words. Kruger has never been one to mince syllables so clumsily.
• Screen presence. Many of these ladies will cower and crumble if forced to stand opposite of a leading man material like Ryan Reynolds. Here is a still from Inglourious Basterds that proves that Kruger will not wilt and if anything, may even make Reynolds buckle.
• Sass. Sadly the superhero world is still a bit backwards and sassiness remains a defining trait of the women selected to foil or sway the hearts of superheroes. Kruger is quite ace at this too.
• Sartorial streak. Kruger’s also been drafted as the next global spokesperson for L’Oreal Paris, succeeding a list of shiny names like Beyoncé and Freida Pinto. Also, she’s stands tall as an excellent red carpet fixture.
• Charisma. Off-screen charisma pretty frequently translates to on-screen vivacity. Observe then, Kruger’s sparkle on Letterman earlier this year.